September 2019 Update

New! We're moving to the new forum, eventually it will replace this blog. Please join us there.

View the Most Recent Feature Sheet by clicking HERE!

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Switch Module Rewrite

Posted: 8:00pm

With the great success rewriting the Sensor Module, I wanted to have a basic template for the design, so I started rewriting the Switch Module, and once it had all the basic infrastructure, I made a copy which can be used to create new modules.  I used it when I was trying to isolate a problem I had in the Sensor Module with MySql, and it only took me the day to turn the template into a working Sensor Module.   

Let's see if I find it as easy to finish the new Switch Module. That's what I'm working on tonight.


Update: Friday Sept 6, 2019 10:10am

As usual, I got sidetracked, this time, in a big way...    I ended up re-arranging my entire workspace, to the point of removing every cabinet, every drawer set, counter top, table, big screen monitor, computers, EVERYTHING except the carpet, which I finally managed to clean completely... The carpet in my workspace is a catchall for every wire clipping, dropped part, etc. The rule is, it's in my space, and I can just throw stuff on the floor, like when I cut the ends off wire, or strip the outer jacket, I don't worry about where it flies...  Every once in a while, it gets vacuumed.

Anyhow, that took me all night, and finally at about 4:30 this morning, I was done, and made my way to bed, hunched over is extreme pain, way too much work for my poor back.

Today is sort of a recovery day, not sure how much coding I'll get done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments deemed off topic or offensive will be removed